When wearing a red lipstick, remember to keep the rest of your makeup more neutral, no heavy eye shadow, no heavy blush. Think Dita Von Teese!
- First, exfoliate your lips. Buff all the dead skin away. (I like to mix together a little olive oil with brown sugar and exfoliate my lips with this).
- After your finished exfoliating use a really good moisturizer on your lips. I like MAC lip treatment and I love Carmex, both work really well.
- Blot away any excess moisturizer, then choose a well matched lip liner.
- Line your lips in whatever shape you would like to achieve, then use the liner to color in your lips (this will keep the lipstick from bleeding and will also enable the lipstick to stay on for quite a while.)
- I prefer applying lipstick with a lip brush, it's more accurate and just ends up looking much better. Apply the lipstick, then blot with a paper towel. Apply another coat, blot and you're done!